Sign up for IQ Index
The latest industry news to your inbox.
SJM Concerts are at the forefront of the Live UK Music market. We promote the biggest UK acts and many world-renowned artistes in the concert and events industry.
Working as part of the busy marketing team, the successful candidate will maximise online exposure of festivals and events promoted by SJM Concerts by coordinating numerous social media channels and leading on digital-led marketing tour campaigns.
To create concise social media messaging in an adaptable and suitable tone of voice for specific accounts and create content for a wider range of SJM digital platforms including the blog and various websites.
To be highly efficient, organised and enthusiastic, with an ability to thrive under pressure in a fast-paced environment – and a passion for the music industry is a must have. The successful applicant must be able to prioritise workload and be able to adapt quickly to deal with urgent situations effectively.
To market all events promoted by SJM Concerts in conjunction with the promoters and directors in a cost effective, efficient manner to the excellent first-class standards upon which the company has built its reputation.
• Leading on digital led marketing tour campaigns, creating social media advertising and promoted posts on artist pages and SJM accounts, whilst adhering to marketing budgets as agreed with the promoters or marketing campaign leader.
• Working with the Digital Assistant across all SJM owned social media channels.
• Coordinating social media messaging and activity across SJM owned festival social channels.
• Working with the Digital Assistant to develop an ongoing social media schedule across multiple social media accounts including, but not limited to; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat and Spotify. Scheduling posts, writing content and replying to people in a tone of voice that is applicable to each account.
• Working with the Digital Assistant and PR Assistant to organise competitions on social media channels and with relevant media, writing competition copy and notifying winners.
• Suggesting ways to improve SJM’s online and social media strategies, including creative content ideas and keeping up-to-date with all developments and trends within social media.
• Coordinating SJM festival website content and development.
• Working with the Digital Marketing Manager to coordinate and develop SJM’s influencer marketing activity and database.
• Reporting of social reaction via analytics and benchmark analysis to festival / event/ tour announcements when requested by the promoters or marketing campaign leader.
• Working on-site as part of the social media team at festivals and events as required.
• To carry out any other marketing duties that from time to time may be reasonably requested by the department.
• To be reactive outside of office hours for urgent social media messaging such as show cancellations, postponements, customer safety advice etc.
• A qualification and/or background in Social Media and Marketing, with a full understanding of all the main social platforms. You must have previously managed at least one social media page/account other than your own.
• Experience/knowledge of social media advertising and promoted posts.
• Experience using content management systems (CMS) and social media scheduling software.
• Excellent creative writing skills, language skills and an ability to write concisely especially for social media and website copy.
• Excellent time management, communication and organisational skills are a must.
• Interest in music and the music industry.
• Able to work under pressure, as part of a team and to prioritise workload.
• A good aptitude for working with computers and apps. In addition, a knowledge of Photoshop and editing software would be beneficial but not essential.
Closing date: Noon, Monday 12 Aug
To apply please please send CV and covering letter below.