Mushroom Group restructures following AEG partnership
Australia’s Mushroom Group has announced major structure and personnel changes in response to what it calls “unprecedented growth across its live and label businesses” in recent months.
Following a series of major partnership announcements in 2019 with AEG Presents, Chugg Entertainment and CMC Rocks, and amid continued growth in the live touring sector, Mushroom – the parent group of Frontier Touring – will create a dedicated live marketing and communications division, set to launch on 4 November.
The new unit, headed up by Reegan Stark, marks the “full integration of the Frontier and Chugg teams”, and will be responsible for all marketing, PR and digital for Frontier Touring, Chugg Entertainment, CMC Rocks and other live partnerships, as well as PR and digital communications for boutique urban promoter Illusive Presents.
Stark, who has over 17 years’ experience at Mushroom, 12 directing Mushroom Promotions and 20 years of live touring experience, will be promoted into the role of chief marketing and communications officer, overseeing the communications, marketing and digital divisions of Mushroom’s live businesses. The newly created position reports directly to CEO Michael Gudinski and COO Dion Brant.
Simultaneously, Mushroom’s labels will launch in-house promotions, marketing and social media teams to drive the success of its local and international recorded-music roster.
Mushroom Promotions, meanwhile – formerly responsible for all publicity and promotions across both the touring and label divisions of Mushroom Group – will be separated, with staff moved into either the touring or label teams.
Mushroom Group chairman Michael Gudinski says: “Mushroom has seen significant growth in recent years across both the live and label businesses, and this restructure is an incredibly exciting stage in our evolution.
“This restructure is an incredibly exciting stage in our evolution”
“Our overriding principle at Mushroom is to be leaders and not followers, and I believe these changes will allow us to consolidate both sides of our business. I’m also very pleased to be promoting so many great staff from within and can’t wait to see them develop even further in their areas. Watch this space – there is more to come!”
A full list of staff changes in the live touring marketing and communications division is as follows:
- Mary Bainbridge: With 38 years of touring experience to her name, Bainbridge moves into the role of senior consultant, marketing and ticketing, working closely with the marketing and communications and ticketing and venue divisions of the Mushroom live businesses
- Samantha Clode and Andy Purcell: After six years each at Mushroom and 25 apiece in the music industry, both are promoted to communications director
- Nicole Stringer: After four years at Chugg Entertainment and ten in the industry, Stringer is also promoted to communications director. She will also continue to oversee all publicity for CMC Rocks, Australia’s leading country music festival
- Eloise Glanville: After 20 years at Mushroom and 29 in the industry, Glanville is promoted to marketing and communications operations director
- Samantha Hughes: Hughes moves from her role at Chugg Entertainment to marketing and communications assistant
- Siobhan Kranz: After five years at Mushroom and seven in the industry, Kranz moves into the role of marketing and communications senior manager, working with Reegan Stark across Mushroom tours and development projects
- Rachel Ligertwood joins as marketing senior manager, following ten years at Roundhouse Entertainment (A Day On The Green) and 16 years in live event marketing
- Georgie Luxton: After nine years at Chugg Entertainment, Luxton will move up into the role of marketing senior manager, while continuing to oversee all marketing for CMC Rocks
- Danielle Jane: After five years at Mushroom and 14 in the industry, Jane is promoted to marketing coordinator
- Riccardo Esposito moves to digital marketing coordinator
- Sarah Dileo: After seven years at Mushroom, Dileo is promoted to digital senior manager.
- Emily Bass: Bass is promoted to digital senior coordinator.
- Hannah Costello: With five years at Mushroom, Costello is promoted to digital coordinator
- Valerie Lee moves to digital content creator
Frontier, Australia’s last major independent promoter, announced plans to merge with AEG Presents in April, in a move that will bring the touring landscape down under in line with the corporate-dominated Europe and North American markets.