GEI announces keynote with Brian Eno and Aurora
Brian Eno and Aurora have been confirmed for a keynote conversation at the Green Events & Innovations Conference (GEI), the leading gathering for sustainability at live events.
Presented by A Greener Festival (AGF) in partnership with the International Live Music Conference (ILMC), the 14th edition of GEI will take place at the Royal Garden Hotel in Kensington, London on Friday 29 April.
Having recently founded Earth Percent, a charity providing a simple way for the music industry to support impactful organisations addressing the climate emergency, Eno joins the conference to discuss ‘directing the energy of music for the benefit of the planet’ with Aurora.
Eno is a renowned musician, producer, visual artist and activist who first came to international prominence in the early seventies as a founding member of British band, Roxy Music, followed by a series of solo albums and collaborations. Aurora is said to be one of the greatest Norwegian pop breakthroughs of recent years.
This year’s event marks the first time ILMC delegates will be able to attend GEI sessions as part of the main conference, with key topics including:
- European co-operation in the live music sector
- Transport and Energy in the tumultuous energy landscape
- Arenas coming back greener with the AGF Greener Arena certification,
- Sustainable food & beverage for events
- Circularity of Materials with a focus on Cups and Serveware
- European Greener Festival Roadmap
- Incredible individuals and organisations using skills, networks, creativity and resources of events for purposeful action in solidarity with displaced people
- Quick Fire Innovation Round with latest in green tech solutions
- The connection between wellbeing, inclusivity, diversity, equity and environmental sustainability will be a recurring theme throughout the programme
The connection between wellbeing, inclusivity, diversity, equity and environmental sustainability will be a recurring theme throughout the programme.
Speakers for the conference include Andy Lenthall (Festival Insights), Chiara Badiali (Julie’s Bicycle), Claire O’Neill (AGF), Dale Vince OBE (Ecotricity/Forest Green Rovers), Danny Newby (Big Green Coach), Dave Ojay (Naam Festival) Dr Vincent Walsh (Herblabism/Future of Food), Erik Distler (AEG), Gina Périer (Lapee), Glenn Lyons (UWE), Gordon Masson (IQ Magazine), Holger Jan Schmidt (YOUROPE) and John Drury (OVO Arena Wembley).
Single day tickets to GEI are available.
More information and tickets can be found here. GEI 14 is kindly supported by Ecotricity, De La Maison and Ball Corporation.
Get more stories like this in your inbox by signing up for IQ Index, IQ’s free email digest of essential live music industry news.