Beyoncé adds seven US dates to Formation tour
Live Nation has announced the addition of seven new American dates to Beyoncé’s Formation world tour, which only earlier this week contributed to a record-breaking first quarter of 2016 for the promoter.
The new leg, which will kick off in Rutherford, New Jersey, on 7 September and conclude with a date in Nashville – replacing yesterday’s postponed show at the Nissan Stadium – on 2 October, will follow Formation‘s European dates, which run from 28 June (at Wembley Stadium in London) to 3 August (Lluís Companys Olympic Stadium, Barcelona).
On 17 February IQ reported that the tour had sold close to a million tickets worldwide, with the number likely much higher over two months later.
The new dates in full are:
- MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, New Jersey (7 September)
- Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles (14 September)
- Levi’s Stadium, Santa Clara, California (17 September)
- NRG Stadium, Houston, Texas (22 September)
- Mercedes-Benz Superdome, New Orleans (24 September)
- Georgia Dome, Atlanta (26 September)
- Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia (29 September)
- Nissan Stadium, Nashville, Stadium (2 October)
Beyoncé’s last headline tour, the 132-date Mrs Carter Show world tour, grossed US$229.7m worldwide from April 2013 to March 2014.
The June–September 2014 On the Run stadium tour, co-headlined with husband Jay-Z, was the fifth-highest grossing tour of the year, earning $109.7m from 21 dates.