The Head of Music and Events is a fundamental role within our highly ambitious Fundraising Leadership Team. Responsible for one of four income generating teams within Fundraising, the Head of Music and Events will lead a team that leverages our profile and heritage within the music industry to raise vital funds and grow sustainable income for War Child UK.
As our flagship music events are part of War Child UK’s USP, the Head of Music and Events will be accountable for ensuring that War Child UK remains the preeminent charity supported by the music industry and recognised for the innovative and ground-breaking fundraising events it delivers.
Deliver a portfolio of high profile income generating events War Child UK
- Lead and develop a team that can successfully produce a portfolio of at least six high profile fundraising events per year
- Responsible for ensuring the portfolio is balanced and in line with our strategy, considering the demand from our audiences and alignment with artists and sponsors
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining a process for piloting new events and responding to new opportunities annually
- Responsible for increasing commercial and brand sponsorship for War Child events
- Responsible for ensuring the Music and Events team continually review their events against their ROIand opportunities to improve are identified and acted uponLeverage the Music and Entertainment industries to deliver sustainable income for War Child UK
- Accountable for ensuring War Child UK maintains its reputation and profile within the music industry globally
- Responsible for ensuring the Music and Events Team works to a defined target audience and segments, ensuring that as new products are designed, they meet the needs of this audience and our purpose of raising money for War Child UK
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a successful stewardship strategy for our music supporters
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a commercial strategy for the Music and Events team