Sign up for IQ Index
The latest industry news to your inbox.
Are you experienced in booking and organising live music events? Are you keen to help shape the output and direction of some of the UK’s most exciting grassroots music venues? Would you like to be part of one of the country’s leading independent promoters and event companies, then read on…
We are looking for an enthusiastic member of the team to assist across the management of our Grassroots Music Venue portfolio and be a key member of our Event Representative team.
• Managing the venue’s event diaries to create a varied, diverse and exciting roster of events.
• Negotiating rental deals to meet monthly and annual targets.
• Producing pre-event production advances for technical staff.
• Professionally liaising with Promoters, Tour Managers, and artists, on a daily basis.
• Working with the onsite venue teams to ensure all shows are delivered to the highest of standards.
• Producing regular financial reports for senior management.
• Creating ticketing listings for all venue events across our ticketing agencies.
• Delivering weekly ticketing reports both internally and to hirers.
• Accurately managing budgets and hire fees as well as raising invoices and ensuring payment.
• Build physical and digital assets, and utilise the venues social media accounts and mailing lists to engage and build audiences
• Update and maintain the event listings on the venue websites.
• Day-to-Day operational tasks and dealing with customer queries.
• Event Representative – Being the main onsite point of contact between artist and venue across multiple events around the UK.
• Flexibility for occasional weekend and regular set evening work throughout the year (managing events/shows)
• Artist Liaison and / or Stage Managing operations throughout our festival programmes.
• This job would suit someone with 2 years experience in producing live events, either operating as an independent promoter or on behalf of a promotions company or venue.
• Previous direct experience of the entire process of booking, organising, and delivering a live music event.
• Experience taking responsibility for strict budgets and confidently operating without assistance.
• An impeccable attention to detail.
• Great at managing time, able to divide time between tasks effectively and prioritise when needed.
• A team player, willing to work flexibly to tackle the company’s focus on any given day.
• An understanding of the needs of live touring musicians.
• A proficient understanding of artist and venue technical specifications and requirements.
• Experience in administrative duties.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office suite and social media.
• Proficient with Adobe Creative suite (preferred).
• Experience with event ticketing.
• Passionate about music – an active gig goer and possesses knowledge of the roster of acts and events FORM / One Inch Badge / Rockfeedback produce.
• Flexibility for weekend and evening work throughout the year.
• Clean driving licence (preferred).
• Availability for occasional travel around the UK from time to time on tours for upwards of 14+ days at a time (travel, accommodation and per-diems provided).
Benefits & Rewards:
• FORM is a company going through a period of rapid growth and you will be a pivotal part in a growing venue portfolio department.
• Competitive salary based on experience.
• You’ll be working at the heart of some of the biggest events in the UK, selling thousands of tickets a year.
Hours: Full Time
Job Location: Brighton
Please email email@example.com with your CV and cover letter to apply.
We are FORM, an event promotions and production company based in Brighton and London that brings together historic UK concert promoters One Inch Badge and Rockfeedback. We promote over 700 live shows a year across a broad range of mediums and genres. Our music programme includes events for such artists as Father John Misty, Flume, The War on Drugs, Future Islands, Glass Animals, Billy Nomates, Brian Wilson, Mogwai, Nils Frahm, Joan Armatrading, Oh Sees, and many more.
Our festivals include: Pitchfork Music Festival London, Mutations Festival, Visions and the Wave Podcast Festival.