Ambassador Theatre Group is the world’s number one live-theatre company with more than 40 venues in Britain, the United States and Germany.
An exciting opportunity is available in ATG’s UK Regional Programming for dynamic, energetic and commercially-focussed programmers with a proven interest in theatre and live entertainment.
ATG is looking to recruit a Regional Programmer to work with the programming team to maximise the quality and range of content across all ATG’s regional venues in line with the ATG’s strategy and objectives.
With a strong music and comedy programme across its existing 21 theatres, ATG now looks to further its expansion in these areas, with the opening of two high-profile venues over the next two years, Stockton Globe and Swansea Arena.
The successful candidate will work to maximise the quality and diversity of content across all of ATG’s regional venues, seeking out and evaluating shows and identifying new opportunities. They will establish and maintain excellent relationships with promoters and producers and negotiate commercial agreements. They will work closely with other programming team members and venues to develop and put into practice new content initiatives, building balanced and high quality programmes.
- Keen interest in most areas of live entertainment with particular focus on music and one night events
- Good networking and inter-personal skills, with the confidence to develop effective relationships with a wide range of clients
- Good negotiation and communication skills.
- Effective organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise and to work to tight deadlines.
- The ability to work as part of a team and to support colleagues.
- Experience in negotiating and contracting commercial business deals.
- Experience of working in a cultural context including event programming.
- Good knowledge of the theatre and music business in the UK.
- To be responsible for the delivery of balanced seasons for ATG’s soon to be 23 regional theatres, working with a wide range of producers, promoters and agents in order to bring a variety of one-night content to the venues in line with the overall business strategy.
- Build and maintain relationships with existing and potential new clients to bring the most commercially suitable content to ATG venues. Maximise the number of ATG venues used in any one touring period through efficient and advantageous routing.
- Negotiate all aspects of the terms of the agreement between the producer and ATG in order to meet agreed budgets. Accurately inputting terms in to the Artifax Event diary system and create binding contracts.
- Build and maintain relationships with venue managers to understand the individual nature of each of the venues and their potential markets, working towards the venue’s strategy. Ensure effective communication and assess and evaluate new opportunities and potential threats.
- Working with the venue managers to facilitate the fulfilment of contracts in a timely fashion and with the central revenue management department and venue to facilitate the pricing and performance schedules. To process appropriate correspondence and to deal with producer/venue queries as required.
- Work effectively to deliver seasons of content to meet brochure and other deadlines.
- Be aware of developing trends within the music and live entertainment industry.
- Attend concerts/productions on a regular basis to check quality and address any issues with current shows, assess other productions and seek out and evaluate new opportunities. Regularly meet with promoters and other clients to develop relationships and create opportunities.
- To deputise for the Senior Regional Programmer at meetings and events as appropriate.
To apply please follow the link below which will redirect you to our ATG Careers website.
ATG strives to be an equal opportunities employer.