About Sound Travel
Sound Travel is a pioneering disruptor in the event tourism market. We create official, ticket and hotel package experiences in partnership with event organisers. In just 4 years we have built a business servicing fans across multiple event sectors including music, sport, comedy and theatre in the UK, Europe and Australia.
We have partnerships with some of the leading global entertainment brands including Live Nation and Ticketmaster (UK) and Frontier (Australia) creating over 100k experiences for global touring artists including Taylor Swift, Coldplay, Bruce Springsteen, Billy Joel, Queen & Adam Lambert and venue experience Abba Voyage.
To support our ambitious international growth plans, we are looking for dynamic, entrepreneurial candidates that will thrive and prosper in challenging but highly rewarding roles.
We are seeking a highly motivated and forward-thinking Financial Controller with a flair for numbers and a strong attention to detail to drive financial performance and support strategic decision-making. The ideal candidate is a dynamic and strategic individual with an interest in data analysis, looking to advance their career, taking on new challenges and delivering financial excellence.
Responsible for overseeing all day-to-day financial activity as well as end-to-end management of the business’s financial operation, working closely with our Senior Leadership team you’ll shape the financial strategy and drive growth. This dynamic role will lead the finance function, you’ll take charge of financial operations, provide insights, and contribute to key business decisions. Sound Travel is entering a key growth phase, and this is a unique opportunity to influence and develop the strategic and operational direction of a crucial area of the business.
Joining Sound Travel means becoming a part of a company that is revolutionising the travel experience in the live entertainment industry. Here, you will have the freedom to express your true self, have a significant impact on our strategic decisions, and create meaningful work that fills you with pride. In your role you will:
- Be responsible for reporting on revenue and margins across various sales channels, ensuring both operational and financial systems are aligned.
- Compile monthly management accounts and contribute to monthly board reports. Regularly analyse financial performance against budget and forecast
- Manage cash flow, including cash forecasting and liquidity management. Optimise working capital and ensure sufficient funds for operations
- Undertake regular audits of revenue received from our direct sales & our ticketing partner channels to ensure accurate and received in a timely manner, highlighting discrepancies to relevant stakeholders
- End-to-end management of supplier costs and payments, to include input, processing and verification of supplier cost invoices, input and processing of regular supplier payment runs, and commission collection processing/credit control
- Manage the reconciliation, management and reporting of customer cash held in trust bank accounts
- Work closely with the senior leadership team in preparation of the month-end balance sheet reconciliations, ensuring accurate and timely delivery
- Prepare draft year end accounts for the purpose of external accountants submitting statutory accounts and tax returns
- Review and submit quarterly and annual VAT returns, using MTD
- Prepare and process monthly payroll using Xero software and manage monthly PAYE and annual P11D submissions and payments
- Collaborate with COO and tech team to enhance and innovate financial systems and reporting tools. Identify and implement process improvements for greater efficiency and accuracy
- Utilise financial and operational data to provide insights and recommendations. Develop financial models and forecasts to support business decisions
- Ensure compliance with accounting standards, tax regulations, and financial reporting requirements. Implement and monitor internal controls to safeguard financial assets
Skills & Background:
- A native English Speaker or high-level English qualification with excellent numeric skills
- Qualified accountant, ideally ACA/ACCA/CIMA level (minimum AAT Professional level)
- Proficiency in financial software and advanced Excel skills, with the ability to capture and interpret large data sets from multiple sources
- Experience of and an interest in data analysis working with Power Query and/or PowerBI data visualisation software
- Superior analytical skills and a meticulous eye for detail
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Reliable and flexible individual prepared to ‘roll sleeves up’ as part of a small team in a rapidly growing business
- Self-starter able to work on own initiative whilst maintaining a strong ‘team-player’ mentality
- Experience in finance sector within the travel & events industries, with knowledge of ABTA and ATOL requirements
- Proficiency in using Xero online accounting software
- Experience handline multi-currency reporting and cash management
- Investment planning experience
Salary & Benefits:
- Competitive salary – £55-65K DOE
- Attractive commission / bonus structure
- 25 days paid leave + UK Bank Holidays increasing by 1 day for every year employed (max 30 days)
- Extra day off for your birthday
- Private healthcare
- Access to discounted and free hotel stays & concert tickets
- Training and development budget