SXSW is in search of an all-star Music Programmer for its Music Festival programming team. This role will coordinate with artists, booking agents, and showcase presenters to help build a diverse and compelling multi-genre lineup of emerging and established international talent for SXSW 2019 and beyond.
The ideal candidate is an open-minded, collaborative individual with a music industry background, comprehensive knowledge of music/genres and an enthusiasm for identifying new talent and trends in music. Strong communication skills, close attention to detail, and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment are required for this position.
- 5+ years of music industry experience required
- Demonstrated success in music programming via some combination of talent buying, tour booking, artist management or other means
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to participate successfully in a team environment
- Strong contact database of high-level music industry professionals
- Proven ability to build and maintain client relations
- Multilingual is preferred, but not required
- Review and grade a high volume of artist showcase applications
- Coordinate and collaborate with showcase presenters and partners to build lineups which meet SXSW objectives
- Identify relevant potential showcase partners, including record labels, media outlets, brands, etc.
- Assist showcase presenters and artists with navigation of SXSW policies including third party sponsorships, unique onsite requests, performance allowances, etc.
- Liaise with other departments to coordinate tasks that impact the Music FestivalPhysical Demands & Work Environment:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, stand, sit; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard, reach, stoop and kneel
- Light to moderate lifting is required
- Ability to uphold the pressure of a fast-paced work environment
- Regular, predictable attendance is required
Remote work is not available for this role.
Must be available to work the entire length of the event in March 2019.
To apply, send CVs/Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org