The ideal candidate is an open-minded, self-motivated, collaborative individual with a music industry background, comprehensive knowledge of music/genres and an enthusiasm for identifying new talent and trends in music. Strong communication skills, close attention to detail and the ability to multitask in an energetic and rapidly changing environment are required for this position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Source and identify talent for Music Fest
- Evaluate and grade artist applications
- Assess viability of showcase proposals
- Develop and maintain working relationships with various aspects of the music industry, including booking agents, artist managers, record labels, publicists, export offices and more.
- Stay current on music industry trends, developing artists, new signings, tours, reunions, new releases, etc. within the US and abroad
- Curate a program which includes a diverse range of music styles and genres
- Maintain and facilitate communication with stage managers and production staff to ensure a positive event experience for artists, conference registrants and attendees both leading up to the event and onsite
- Solicit post-event feedback from agents, managers, presenters, and artists after the festival
ON SITE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work shifts with a variety of departments to support overall event staffing needs
- Making venue rounds to ensure the show runs smoothly
- Troubleshooting problems at all stages of the production process
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Ability to work under substantial pressure
- A passion for new music discovery as well as following current trends in music
- Wide-range of music knowledge including musical genres, as well as broader pop culture context
- High-level understanding of today’s youth market and modern music consumption
- Strong attention to detail and communication skills
- Experience working in event planning, production and/or music industry preferred
- Strong contact database of high-level music industry professionals
- Proficiency with common business and communication software (Microsoft Office Suite) and apps (Google Docs/Sheets/Slides, Filemaker)
- Multi-lingual not required, but is a plus
Frequently required to sit and/or stand for long periods of time. Manual dexterity is required for keyboard and computer use. This position requires you to stay upwards of 7 consecutive days away from home.
DIRECT REPORTS (IF APPLICABLE)
This position does not have direct reports.
WORK LOCATION & SCHEDULE
Position is located in Austin, Texas. Core business office hours are Mon-Fri, 10am – 6pm. Must be available to work additional hours from January – March to include evenings and weekends.