Standon Calling is a 17,000 capacity boutique music and arts festival in Hertfordshire with a London office in Highbury, N5.
With an emphasis on new music talent, family entertainment, street food and comedy, as well as an ethos based on inclusivity, creativity and fun, the festival enjoys a dedicated audience who come back year-after-year, along with a growing community discovering the festival for the first time.
Standon Calling is looking for a Marketing Manager to join our London office as part of a small team to work on the 2020 festival, taking place 23-26 July, and during the festival on site.
You’ll report to the Festival Director to deliver the overarching 2020 marketing campaign. You’ll have responsibility for the coordination, creation and output of content across festival channels and in collaboration with festival partners and agencies.
- Own marketing budget and overarching marketing strategy for 2020 campaign Manage paid media through third party agencies covering digital, out of home and print
- Lead PR and manage external PR agency
- Create impactful announcement activity, working closely with the Ticketing Manager and Ticket Agents
- Own website content and layout, utilising UX best practice (WordPress)
- Maintain and grow audience database and segmentation to create targeted mailer content with a strong understanding of GDPR
- Lead local and regional marketing activity to maximise sales
- Drive creation of festival app
- Oversee the festival’s merchandise range and delivery
- Work closely with Creative and Production teams to deliver the expected customer experience
- Manage social media, photographers, videographers, the PR team and other marketing contractors on site during the festival
- Attend key on-site meetings and support accordingly, including crisis comms management
- Support Festival Director when necessary with ad hoc tasks
- Potential for management of junior office staff
Knowledge & Skills
Would most suit someone with…
- Relevant experience in Events / Festival Marketing
- A higher education qualification in English, Arts / Events Management or Marketing
- Experience of running marketing budgets, paid media campaigns and PR teams
- Strong organisational skills
- Proven writing skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- A passion for branded and creative content delivery
- Entrepreneurial and commercially-minded
- Knowledge of WordPress, Mailchimp and all social platforms
- An interest in music, festivals and the arts
Contract role initially, with possibility of future FT position.
Salary dependent on experience
Start: Nov / Dec 2019
End: August 2020
With on-site requirement likely throughout period: 17-27 July 2020
Please apply with a cover letter and CV below