To provide a sole sales and marketing function for O2 Academy Birmingham & O2 Institute Birmingham, maximising awareness, growth in ticket sales and other such revenues by devloping and managing key marketing campaigns in line with Academy Music Group’s strategic objectives and past sales analytics. Managing all relationships and communication with external and in-house promoters, appointed media agencies, local businesses and all other marketing related suppliers for the venue.
Working directly with the venue management team and head office departments for the effective marketing and proactive promotion of O2 Academy Birmingham & O2 Institute Birmingham and its shows, events and campaigns, ensuring all income targets are met.
Academy Music Group is part of Live Nation Entertainment which is the world’s leading live entertainment company comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, LN Media and Artist Nation Management.
- Responsible for developing, managing and delivering complete, strategic marketing campaigns for all events. These campaigns should be designed to increase ticket sales utilising new and existing marketing channels.
- Effectively managing and reporting the venue marketing budget including monitoring and recording spend and recharges and campaign ROI.
- Use strategic analysis of sales data within the relevant catchment areas using all available resources.
- Work with marketing departments across a variety of organisations, including promoter offices and local outlets as well as media and promotional channels to ensure coordinated advertisement.
- To own and manage all social media channels relating to the venue to maximise awareness, engagement and sales at all times.
- Work with the General Manager and other departments (including but not limited to: bars/box office) to assess forecasting for improved performance and market share.
- Recruit, develop and manage the publicity distribution team (Street Team)
- Create an acquisition plan to secure new customers in line with Head Office retention planning through all channels available
- To work closely with the Head of Marketing and any appointed designers, agencies and Head Office departments to devise, develop and deliver the production and distribution of all advertising, printed materials and online assets, following business models, templates branding, and marketing approaches set by HQ
- To act as the primary point of contact for any marketing enquiries and strategic alliances
- Actively conduct market research and analysis, including visiting on show nights to identify emerging developments in audience profiles.
- Manage effective data capture, audience research, geographical catchment with regular analysis
- To liaise with Academy Music Group’s PR team as required
- Develop strong relationships with all necessary parties per event or campaign to coordinate and support all marketing activity
- Monitor ticket sales daily to maximise the venue’s marketing strategy, modifying campaigns in line with market trends, per genre.
- Support the scheduling and implementation of the seasonal club themes for all weekly club nights in line with external promoters. Create and support necessary marketing campaigns for internal and external club nights and residencies ensuring you are aware of all competition
- Be as a representative of the venue within the local business community
- Review pricing with distributors/suppliers/media and necessary outlets on a regular basis
- To work in conjunction with the Digital Marketing Manager on all digital communications and social campaigns
- To seek and deliver new strategic marketing partners and sponsors with Head Office
- Ensure brand guidelines and partnership agreements are adhered to at all times in marketing collateral
- Manage any in-house and external marketing assets (above and below the line) as required. Ensure that all promotional sites including digital units etc are utilised to promote events and ensure the constant updating of this information –including cross marketing of events at alternative O2 academy venues targeting the same catchment.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as and when required.
- Knowledge of the live music and club industry preferable or similar role within the entertainment industry with proven track record of identifying opportunities and developing new initiatives.
- Established contacts
- Management experience of a team, client account management or voluntary staff.
- Strong direct and remote sales skills. Understanding of sales pitching.
- Established knowledge of local and surrounding niche markets and cultures
- Experience of prioritising a heavy workload to meet set deadlines
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office, InDesign, Photoshop, database management including data protection law
- Knowledge and experience of print and online marketing methods and best practice
- Experience of copy writing and editing
- Thorough knowledge of UK media, including press, radio, TV and digital
- Ability to combine analysis with creativity to develop new ideas
- Ability to manage complex marketing budgets
- Able to work flexible, unsocial hours including, evenings, weekends, bank holidays, Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve.
For additional information, please click here