The Marketing Assistant works as the support function to the Marketing Manager and Assistant Marketing Manager to promote all products throughout their venue portfolio and are responsible for supporting in the development, management and delivery of marketing campaigns for all events based within those venues.
The role requires a pro-active approach to the business while working effectively and efficiently to meet the needs of the team and their clients.
- To work closely with the Marketing team, Bar teams, appointed designers, the content team and digital team to devise, develop and deliver the production and distribution of all advertising, printed materials and online assets, scheduling marketing activity for maximum impact.
- Record all budgetary expense and recharges in line with the wider marketing department.
- To implement individual marketing campaigns, including but not limited to, briefing media agencies in the creation of relevant press, radio and TV advertisement as well as updating and monitoring all on and off-line channels e.g. social media and listings ads.
- Monitoring ticket sales to plan future marketing activity & adjust budgets accordingly
- To liaise with the Box office and venue GMs to prioritise the level of support and drive additional sales.
- Develop and continuously monitor promotional activities in line with market trends per genre.
- To work closely with the Digital Team in the planning of e-comms and utilising the database effectively.
- Creating and planning engaging social media content for a variety of platforms and following all guidelines set by the company.
- Managing social advert campaign creation, audience targeting & insight reporting with an understanding of social advertising principles.
- Support the Assistant Marketing Manager in the daily management of the London Street Team, planning, researching, providing print materials for distribution across the city.
- Ensure that all promotional sites including digital sites are utilised to promote events, including cross marketing of events at alternative O2 Academy venues targeting the same catchment.
- Work closely with Bars Departments to tailor marketing strategies to specific audiences to maximise customer SPH
- Work on any partnership campaigns as directed by your line manager via the sponsorship department.
- Follow business models, branding, and marketing approaches set by HQ.
- Actively visit venue on show night, where possible, to capture social content and conduct market research to improve targeting.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as and when required by the Marketing Manager and Assistant Marketing Manager.
- Ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines under pressure.
- Above average skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe InDesign & Photoshop.
- Strategic yet methodical and thorough attitude towards work and tasks.
- Excellent proof reading, oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills with strong attention to detail.
- A keen interest of music and the London live music scene.
- Experience or knowledge of venue, promoter and record label marketing.
- Thorough knowledge of UK media, including press, radio and digital.
- Ability to be a true team player, happy to get stuck in to a busy venue environment for the benefit of the event.