Sign up for IQ Index
The latest industry news to your inbox.
Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Starting Salary: £23,000 p/a
Hours: 35 hours per week (9am/10am – 5pm/6pm – Monday to Friday) plus weekend & evening work as appropriate. In addition to your statutory office hours, you will be required to work 24 events per anum pro rata. National & International travel may be required.
Holiday: 28 days annual holiday including national holidays.
JOY. are independent concert promoters & event organisers based in the heart of Brighton.
We promote in excess of 200 events across the UK every year for an eclectic range of artists including Interpol, Architects, The Flaming Lips, Bat For Lashes, Declan McKenna, Moderat, Gaz Coombes, The Big Moon, RY X, Kamaal Williams, Stereolab, Miles Kane, 2manydjs, The Damned, John Newman, Inhaler, Skunk Anansie, Orville Peck, Dead Kennedys, Kokoroko, The Lathums, Father John Misty and
As well as an event organiser & concert promoter we manage the diaries of several established music venues including Concorde2 and St Bartholomew’s Church in Brighton and Invisible Wind Factory in Liverpool. We also programme several UK festivals and open-air events.
We are looking for a driven, organised, and personable individual to join our team as a Ticketing & Finance Administrator.
This individual will be responsible for handling all aspects of ticketing & finance for our events & the wider business, working closely with the managing director to ensure the finances & internal administration of the business are maintained.
Roles and Responsibilities will include but may not be limited to:
– Setting up & managing event ticketing across multiple outlets & venues
– Compiling bi-weekly internal and external sales reports for promoters, artists & agents
– Day-to-day analysis of sales movement and management of ticket allocations
– Compiling and sending event off-sale reports to promoters & reps on the day-of-show
– Handling guestlist requests and label buy/industry buy requests
– Collating all post event paperwork and compiling P&L spreadsheets for the company director
– Issuing, Receiving, Authorising & Paying all incomes & expenditures
– Receiving & auditing artist & venue contracts on behalf of the company & liaising with representatives on contracting agreements.
– Ensuring finances are maintained in cloud accountancy software such as XERO and Dext
– Assisting the Managing Director & Accountant with quarterly VAT returns
– Attending weekly team meetings to discussed wider company business
– Strong mathematics skills (essential)
– Attention to detail and highly organised (essential)
– Computer literate with knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Office programs (essential)
– Experience with XERO and DEXT accountancy software (desirable not essential – = training offered)
– Experience within music and or/events industry in a similar role (desirable not essential)
– Strong communication skills – you will be required to liaise with our clients daily including ticketing agencies, venues, booking agents, artists etc.
– The ability to deliver high quality work in a time sensitive manor.
– Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple tasks at once.