Sign up for IQ Index
The latest industry news to your inbox.
Imagine What We Can Do Together.
Every day we are committed to delivering amazing experiences. We are excited, inspired and ready to go the extra mile to make every live experience memorable for our clients, partners and guests. We always aspire to look for new ways to envision, innovate, and activate the spaces and places that bring people together to elevate the human spirit, while delivering the highest value for all stakeholders.
The Head of UK Premium Sales will be responsible for ASM Global’s premium seating and hospitality proposition in all UK venues. The role will be responsible for shaping and managing the premium and hospitality sales strategy in the UK’s most successful arenas and entertainment venues.
• To work as a member of the senior leadership team to grow and maximise the profitability of the department, showing growth across the years
• Proactively input into the strategic direction of the business
• Ability to structure and negotiate large deals to conclusion
• Ensure new business development strategies are in place across the team and personally develop and secure major clients
• Create and effectively manage a cohesive sales budget, including delivery costs, along with a sales plan commensurate with the overall needs of the business to achieve targeted profit
• Prepare weekly and monthly sales forecasts and routine management reports
• Liaise with the Finance team to ensure that all financial reports and processes are carried out efficiently and effectively to the required standards, ensuring that any discrepancies are immediately rectified
• Coordinate the gathering of market intelligence, including customer satisfaction indices, to ensure the organisation is at the forefront of predicting changes in market trends, customer behaviour and competitor activity
• Direct and support an established team to proactively source new customers and coach them in developing their skills in both sales techniques and account management to ensure customer centricity and satisfaction is consistently delivered
• Manage the day to day business and ensure that margins are met, maximising client retention, increasing repeat business and finding new business
• Ensure procedures are properly maintained and controls are in place to effectively manage the events calendar
• Ensure the team are inspired to deliver against the sales targets, ensuring that the recognition mechanisms are fit for purpose and appropriately utilised
• To work closely with all other commercial departments, particularly food and beverage and partnerships, to ensure the highest possible standards of customer service and event experiences are realised.
• Work with the marketing team to ensure a cohesive marketing strategy is in place to promote the Premium opportunities available
• Manage and solve problems often is a highly demanding environment
• Any other reasonable and relevant duties as requested by the Commercial Director
Skills and Experience
• Demonstrable inspiring leadership of a high performing sales team, preferably within a similar sector
• Proven track record of successful achieving sales targets
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
• Experience of proactively seeking out new sales opportunities
• A background in the supervision, administration and organisation of hospitality/events operations
• Proven experience of evaluating data and analysing information
• Ability to create and manage excellent customer relationships
• Proven ability to plan and manage work programmes, deal with conflicting demands and meet tight deadlines
• Ability to work unsupervised and to use own initiative
• Attention to detail and tenacious approach to deliver results
• Financial acumen to effectively manage a dedicated budget
• Excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Office and experience of using databased and CRM systems
• The requirements of the business are such that a large degree of flexibility is necessary and evening and weekend work will be required.
• There will be a requirement of regular travel to ASM Global venues across the UK
• This role can be based anywhere in the UK with a requirement of regular travel to ASM Global venues across the UK