Sign up for IQ Index
The latest industry news to your inbox.
AGF is a non-profit organisation dedicated to improving sustainability of the events sector since 2007. Our goal is to help the events and entertainment sector to become more sustainable. We provide certification, training, accreditation, CO2 analysis and consultation for organisers, venues, tours, artists, festivals, sports, suppliers, Government and local authorities nationally and internationally. The Green Events & Innovations conference (GEI) is AGF’s annual flagship conference, usually held in London. The AGF Award Scheme has assessed & certified 100s of events and festivals worldwide, providing independent audit and external verification. AGF has international reach with over 300 trained assessors in more than 25 countries.
This is a full-time role, 37.5 hours a week working remotely, with potential to be office-based in future; timings can be flexible. Responsible for managing the day-to-day running of the company and acting as the central hub, to ensure the smooth running of the company, it’s systems and processes. Self-management, organisation and effective time management are essential to the role. We are looking for someone who is passionate about sustainability within the events industry with a view to long-term commitment, to take on an active and participatory role in the direction and development of the company. Occasional travel will be required.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
General Company Management
– Preparing and reviewing procedural documents, adjusting daily operations to better meet company goals
– Managing the overall company diary – coordinating meetings, awards timelines and project deadlines
– Representing AGF at industry events and in the media
– First point of contact for all enquiries for response or distribution to the team
– Management of company facilities & insurance
– Liaising with IT teams for website and email security and management
– Basic updates to the company digital platforms and email communications
– Assisting with preparation and delivery of the annual GEI conference (next edition 4th March 2022)
– Ad-hoc tasks & PA duties to the Directors
– Understanding project & company budgets, supporting budget holders
– Day-to-day bookkeeping, including raising invoices and processing receipts on behalf of the Directors and senior team
vManaging assessor expenses and making payments
– Assisting the Directors when required with financial tasks
Personnel & HR
– Maintain policies, procedures and staff personnel records in line with GDPR
– Administer recruitment and communication processes to international AGF team and network of assessors, issuing personnel contracts and NDAs
– Oversee the induction of all new assessors and manage training records
– Manage and develop intern placements
Knowledge & skills required:
– Experience in a similar management role
– Comfortable working remotely with the ability to manage own workload and multiple priorities calmly, effectively and without supervision
– Competent using Microsoft Office programs & Google Drive
– A thorough and meticulous approach to work
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– An imaginative and ambitious approach, with the willingness to be flexible
– An understanding and awareness of working in the events, entertainment or touring industry
– Knowledge of accounting software
– Experience using WordPress, Mailchimp & Surveymonkey
– Previous General Manager role in the live music, events or sustainability sectors
WHY WORK FOR AGF:
Working with AGF provides a unique opportunity to play a pivotal role raising the bar of sustainability in the international events sector. AGF is a pioneering independent not-for-profit organisation, born from the festival and music industry and developed into an internationally recognised authority on sustainability for events. You would be joining a small team of passionate people driven by the purpose of creating positive change for now and the future. AGF stands for not only environmental protection and biodiversity enhancement, but also strongly believes in the power and necessity of all people being equal, heard and included if we are to create a happy, healthy and sustainable future.
A Greener Festival Ltd. is an equal opportunities employer, and positively encourages applications from people currently underrepresented irrespective of gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, race, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, disability or age.
Please send a short cover letter & CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or via the link below by Friday 3rd December 2022. Interviews will be held via Zoom in December.