We now have a very exciting opportunity for a talented and ambitious individual to join Broadwick Live’s Production team (Ground Control) as Festivals Production Director. This person will play a pivotal role in the future of our high growth, exciting events business. Reporting to, and working closely with the Group Production Director, you will have scope to manage all aspects of the production within the Broadwick Live portfolio, as well as some external events.
To be successful you will have a proven track record of achievement in a senior production position within the sports / music and entertainment industry with a great understanding of managing large live events to a high standard. You will have a natural passion for live events with strong commercial acumen. You will need to demonstrate a unique and innovative approach, a real ability to get things done, build and maintain great working relationships and a strong understanding of how to drive the business forward.
You’ll be responsible for;
- Oversight of all production budgets for Broadwick Live and some external events.
- Scrutiny of budgets as required; the knowledge and ability to recognise opportunities for savings while upholding high levels of standards across all our events.
- Point person for negotiation with large, key suppliers in respect of multi-year deals.
- Point of contact for key high value suppliers; troubleshooting issues when they arise.
- Attendance at event budget meetings, in various UK locations.
- Managing their time off, bi-weekly catch up’s, bi-annual appraisals and facilitation of growth and development opportunities for all direct reports.
On-site Festival Director duties:
- Filling the role of Festival Director; including the advance and on site for a number of Broadwick Live and some external events.
- Leading ELT meetings.
- Escalation point of contact for major issues on site involving our production and operations departments.
- Signing off on key event documents including transport management plan, crowd management plan / security deployments and policing plans.
- Attending SAG meetings when required.
- Attending pre-event table top.
- Attending kick off and debrief meetings.
- Attending Operation Managers meetings at various locations.
- On-site company spokesperson for press, as required.
- Point of contact for PR and marketing re crisis communications.
Health and safety:
- Responsibility for ensuring all Health and Safety requirements are adhered to by all staff, partners and suppliers.
- Managing the drafting and rewriting of Health and Safety policies, when required.
Ground Control staffing:
- Strategic oversight of Ground Control full time, freelance and fixed term staffing plans for all events.
- Initial scoping and recruitment of senior roles including fee negotiations.
Processes and Procedures:
- Responsibility for regularly reviewing processes and procedures, suggesting and implementing changes and improvements when appropriate.
Premises Licensing Strategy:
- Overseeing premises licence applications for new and existing shows.
- Most senior point of contact for local authorities – escalation and troubleshooting, when needed.
- Liaising with / briefing legal counsel on matters relating to premises licenses; new applications, variations to existing licenses, objections / representations to licenses.
Skills and Attributes required:
- Excellent client facing and relationship building skills.
- Ability to problem solve in time sensitive/chaotic situations.
- Strong existing working relationships with our network of production partners and suppliers.
- Broad knowledge and experience of production disciplines.
- Ability to hit the ground running and work under pressure.
- Ability to manage multiple events simultaneously, from concept to delivery.
Salary dependant on location and experience
Please apply online now with a cover letter and up-to-date CV, or if you have any questions please email us on email@example.com