Bonus Arena creates amazing experiences for guests, from Bob Dylan to Bryan Adam’s and everything in between.
Join us to be instrumental in entertaining 3,500 people in the city of Hull.
To manage and deliver professional and financially successful events at the Bonus Arena in Hull.
- To be responsible for the administrative and practical preparation of events.
- Provide promoters and event organisers with venue information, advice and manage the client through the event planning process to event delivery.
- To liaise with all internal venue departments to ensure the smooth running of events, ensuring at all times that the high standards expected at the venue are maintained.
- To act as Duty Manager as per rota. This will involve managing the front of house aspects of an event, liaising with the promoter/organiser of the event and ensuring the smooth running of events from start to finish.
- To arrange/rota staff for events in an accurate, safe and costefficient way and in accordance with business requirements.
- To consider and manage public safety at all times ensuring that all relevant legislation and licensing conditions are adhered to at all times.
- To ensure the administration and recharging of front of house resources is accurately maintained. This will require effective and timely consultation with other relevant internal staff.
- To act as joint line manager for all casual hosting, security, and hospitality staff.
- To be a key holder for the building and assist with the emergency evacuation of the building when required.
- Ensure at all times compliance with Health & Safety regulations and to pursue any training requirements needed for specialist areas.
- To assist other departments in the sourcing of venue based activities and events.
- To support the planning and execution of conferencing events as required.
- Deliver team briefings and debriefs as and when required.
- Any other reasonable duties assigned by the Head of Operations or General Manager.
Skills and Competencies
- A proven track record of working in an events based environment, ideally within a similar multi-purpose space with a mixed programme.
- A solid grounding of planning, designing and operating multiple event types including live music, comedy, theatre and conferencing/corporate.
- Knowledge of the local and regional entertainment offers and venues.
- A high level of awareness of Health and Safety issues regarding venue management and event management.
- Experienced in the management of statutory requirements.
- Experience of successfully working to strict time deadlines with the ability to effectively prioritise a range of tasks.
- Smart appearance and presentation.
- Strong people management skills.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills.
- Understanding of AutoCAD and both interpreting and creating event plans.
- Proven IT experience including MS Office packages.
The requirements of the business are such that a high degree of flexibility is necessary and therefore some evening and weekend work will be required. Additionally, there will be occasions where the Event Manager will be required to work at other venues operated by ASM Global.
Please note incomplete applications will not be considered.