Digital Content Manager (6-month fixed term contract, starting in January 2020)
The London Symphony Orchestra
As the resident orchestra of the Barbican Centre, the LSO presents some 70 concerts here each year, performing the highest quality music from the core symphonic repertoire, as well as music by living or lesser known composers. Other concert engagements in the UK provide additional opportunities for the Orchestra to be heard nationally, whilst the Orchestra’s major international touring programme brings the LSO to a global audience, particularly through annual residencies in New York and Paris and regular visits to Japan, China, the USA and Europe.
The LSO’s activities also include an inspirational and pioneering education and community programme, LSO Discovery, and an award-winning record label, LSO Live, which enables the Orchestra’s music to be heard by a global audience through digital recordings. LSO St Luke’s, the Orchestra’s music education centre, adds a unique dimension to the work of the Orchestra, being the home of LSO Discovery, LSO rehearsals, and a substantial public concert programme.
The London Symphony Orchestra continues to lead the way both live on stage and through multiple digital platforms, from live streaming to worldwide social media. The work of our Marketing team focuses on growing the income, advocacy and demand for the LSO’s music, so that we can also grow our audience-generated revenues.
This role is a key part of the marketing strategy at the LSO.
You’ll create and produce digital short-form content, website copy and imagery for the LSO, in line with the strategy, working to marketing communications briefs.
You’ll be responsible for ensuring that the online LSO brand voice is consistent and engaging.
You’ll deliver world-class, inspiring creative and editorial work that delivers our key messages and brand story and engages our audiences in the UK and internationally.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To develop and implement creative and compelling content across all online platforms, including website, social media and blogs in order to profile the Orchestra and support the London Symphony Orchestra’s marketing campaigns.
Ensure creation and delivery of all required materials to agreed standards of creative excellence as outlined in briefs, within resource and time requirements.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS CONTRACT
Digital content creation
- Continue to work with marketing campaigns colleagues to develop and organise the blog on the LSO website, and ensure that there is a regular flow of content and articles.
- Collaborate with Marketing & Audience Development Manager and Marketing Co-ordinators on planning content for marketing campaigns for the remainder of the 2019/20 season.
- Work with the Marketing & Audience Development Manager, Head of Press and touring colleagues to develop an area on the LSO website with downloadable press kit assets (photos/ videos/ biographies) for touring partners, and work to gather materials for same.
- Work with the team delivering the LSO’s live streamed concerts on YouTube to help plan and make pre-recorded content for the broadcasts.
- Work with the Senior Marketing Manager, Digital Communications to market the live streamed and on demand concerts throughout the remainder of the 2019/20 season.
- Identify, plan and execute content to market the 2020 BMW Classics concert in Trafalgar Square at the beginning of June.
- Work with Head of Press and External Affairs on planning content capture with Sir Simon Rattle for the purposes of the 2020/21 season.
- Work with the Donatella Flick LSO Conducting Competition Manager on awareness of the application period for the 2021 Competition.
- Work with the Senior Marketing Manager Audiences, Marketing & Audience Development Manager, Graphic Designer and external agency Velo Marketing to manage the schedule of online advertising for the remainder of the 2019/20 season.
- Work with external agency Hylink and LSO Live Marketing & Partnerships Manager to continue working on a regular flow of content to Chinese social media networks.
- Plan and write the monthly live streams e-newsletter, and take a turn in the rota for writing and sending the general monthly e-newsletter.
- Ensure that content created is scheduled for release on the social media schedule.
- Take a turn in the weekly rota for managing our social media platforms.
- Take a role in the LSO Digital Steering Group to deliver the LSO’s flagship digital content projects.
- Assist with proofing as required. Attend evening concerts and events as required within the nature of the post (live streaming and Half Six Fix).
- Actively seek to implement the LSO’s Health and Safety Policy in relation to the duties of the post, and at all times give due regard to the health and safety of both yourself and others when carrying out your duties.
- Actively seek to implement the LSO’s Equal Opportunities Policy and the objective to promote equality or opportunity in relation to the duties of the post.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Six-month contract to start in January 2020.
- Salary: £28,000 per annum pro rata (£14,000 for six months).
- Normal working hours: 9.30-18:00, Monday-Friday, with additional hours as required for which overtime is not paid.
- Notice period: three months.
- Probationary Period: three months.
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays pro rata (12.5 days for six months).
- Subsidised catering facilities provided by the Barbican Centre.
- Membership of company pension scheme in line with auto-enrolment regulations.
The LSO’s offices are based at the Barbican Centre, London.
The LSO is an Equal Opportunities employer.
37.5 hours per week – Monday to Friday with some evening and event work required. A time off in lieu arrangement is applicable in such cases.