Sign up for IQ Index
The latest industry news to your inbox.
SJM Concerts are at the forefront of the UK live music market. We promote the biggest UK acts and many world-renowned artistes in the concert and events industry.
This new role is intended to be a minimum of 20 hours a week, Monday – Friday, with a flexible approach to working hours and occasional home working considered.
To be responsible for all customer services correspondence relating to SJM promoted events.
To manage relationships with affiliated ticket agents and ensure our customer queries are managed properly to ensure repeat custom.
To be highly efficient, organised and enthusiastic, with an ability to thrive under pressure in a stressful environment – and a passion for the music industry is desirable.
• Responsible for managing all correspondence received directly to SJM Concerts.
• Ensure that SJM Concerts adheres to GDPR guidance and is compliant with the Equality Act 2010 through its best practices.
• Work with and oversee all correspondence sent via gigsandtours.com and seetickets.com relating to SJM promoted shows.
• Build a relationship with other ticket agents and venue customer service teams, providing information and guidance as the promoter.
• Look into software to use for all customer service email traffic and devise a system for logging all complaints received.
• Monitor trends that may occur associated with specific artists and venues, and look for ways to implement solutions and improve results.
• Review company policies and best practices regarding customer service issues, and make recommendations to improve on them.
• Work with outdoor venues we hire that may not have a customer service practice in place and act in an advisory role.
• Liaise with ticketing, production and venues prior to an event to discuss any potential issues and work out a solution.
• Work alongside company insurers and collate information relating to any complaints that may end in court.
• Attend events and visit venues to pre-empt any issues that may occur.
• Work out of hours as and when required, including on site at festivals and outdoor shows.
• When workload dictates, oversee the admin staff assisting with queries
• Ability and willingness to carry out any other reasonable duties as requested by the Company.
Skills / Qualifications required:
• Previous experience within a senior customer services role, preferably in a similar industry on a managerial level.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Computer literate.
• Proactive & innovative to continually improve the customer service system & experience.
• A good working knowledge of social media platforms.
• Ability to remain calm when dealing with challenging situations.
• Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
• Confident to work independently, as well as manage a team when workload dictates.
• A passion for music and the music industry.
• Ability to handle multiple projects at any one time and to work to deadlines.
Closing date: Friday 23 Aug
To apply please please send CV and covering letter below.