To service concerts and to provide administrative support to the Office of the Director.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- To handle enquiries and maintain the general efficiency of the Office of the Director, liaising with other staff and co-ordinating tasks as appropriate.
- To prepare all concert contracts (hall hire and own promotion) and liaise across all arrangements for artists, agents and other clients of the Hall in conjunction with the Concerts & Executive Administrator.
- To administer, in conjunction with the Concerts & Executive Administrator, the booking and billing of the Hall and other areas as used by artists, the BBC, recording companies and other parties.
- To assist in matters dealing with repertoire and programmes for Wigmore Hall’s brochures, diaries and website.
- Office of the Director, tasks and liaison
- To handle general enquiries concerning Wigmore Hall, matters relating to specific concert arrangements, and enquiries concerning artists, events and series at Wigmore Hall.
- To act as the main initial point of contact for phone calls to the Office of the Director, and to transfer calls to other personnel throughout the building and pass on messages to staff.
- To provide general administrative support to the Director when required, as well as any other associated duties, which may be reasonably required by the Director and Office of the Director staff from time to time.
- To assist in the occasional mailing of general information.
- To notify late diary changes to relevant staff and Hall users.
- To assist with the collection and distribution of incoming post when necessary.
- Preparation and issue of contracts for concerts
- To prepare and issue all concert contracts (own promotion, shared promotion and hall hire) under the supervision of the Office of the Director staff.
- To ensure that all concerts and related events are contractually complete, working closely with Wigmore Hall’s Accountant, and liaising with artists and agents as appropriate.
- Scheduling and administration of concert-related bookings and daytime lettings
- To co-ordinate, with the Concerts & Executive Administrator, the scheduling of events in the Hall and its related areas, liaising with other staff, artists, artist agents and external contacts. This will involve frequent monitoring of the concerts schedule to ensure that all concert-related bookings (including rehearsals, receptions, recordings, instrument delivery and collection) are confirmed by the relevant parties and recorded in the Hall’s computerised diary (Artifax Event).
- To administer, in conjunction with the Concerts & Executive Administrator, the booking and billing of daytime non-concert events in the Hall, its meeting and rehearsal rooms, and other areas of the building as used by artists and other interested parties. To ensure that the respective areas are set up in accordance with the needs of the parties involved, in association with the House Managers.
- To assist with the issuing of Paid Permitted Engagement letters of invitation and certificates of sponsorship for non-EU citizens.
- To produce a weekly report from Artifax of the Hall’s bookings schedule, for use by other members of staff and in the Operations Meetings.
- To attend Operations Meetings with the Concerts & Executive Administrator.
- To issue programme and repertoire reminders to artists and agents for future concerts, liaising with members of the Office of the Director, in particular the Print Production Administrator, regarding requirements and deadlines; to process and check incoming programme material and to organise efficient system updates and filing as appropriate.
- To assist in proofreading the monthly diaries, season brochures and website.
Experience and skills required:
- Keen interest in arts management, with at least one year’s experience in a similar environment.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- High level of written and verbal communication.
- Good IT skills.
- Broad knowledge and appreciation of classical music.
Working hours are Monday – Friday, 10am – 6pm.