We’re on a mission to create the best live music experience in the UK.
Co-op Live will offer a warm Manchester welcome to over 23,000 fans and amazing artists. With innovative smart ‘bowl’ design, cutting edge visual and acoustic technology, plus 32 amazing bars and restaurants and 12 premium lounges and clubs, we’re creating a unique space for the people of Manchester and beyond. World class, planet friendly and all in the heart of our local vibrant community.
As we gear up to opening our doors, Co-op Live is set to become the biggest live entertainment arena in the UK. We are looking for an experienced Venue Manager to join our awesome events team working directly with the Head of Venue Management.
This is a hands on and varied role that allows you to be innovative to shape and support all areas of our event operation. As the Venue Manager you will play a key role in developing an outstanding venue management offering, creating the most amazing experience for all our partners, fans and artists.
- Create and manage an exceptional fan experience, developing and managing the end to end event planning process
- Be proactive, think outside the box and challenge how we do things, you will manage events across the arena to the best standards
- Champion and drive operational excellence through regular reviews
- Support weekly arena event meetings with a ‘how can we do it’ approach, embracing new ideas and ways of working which supports us in driving effectiveness
- Know your budget, manage it, and support the Head of Venue Management to reforecast all events expenses and costs
- Lead in the absence of the Head of Venue Management when needed to gain wider leadership experience
- Ensure your KPIs are monitored, contracts are commercially beneficial & provide exceptional service
Support the Head of Venue Management in delivering key event strategies (including security and event management) which puts our fans, artists, colleagues, and community first
- Lead from the front and inspire an awesome events team
What Co-op Live will give to you
Alongside the benefit of working with an awesome team of talented people, we want to help you get the best out of your work and have a work life balance.
- Provide you with development opportunities and regular one to ones
- Key objectives for you to succeed in your role
- Your general wellbeing is at the forefront of our minds, we understand the importance of balancing work and personal commitments
- This is an office base role, it’s really important we work together to mobilise the biggest music and live entertainment arena in the UK
- Working 5 out of 7 days – this may include evenings and weekends
Salary: £37,000 – £45,000
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Employer pension scheme
- Private Health Care scheme – Vitality
- Life Assurance 4 x basic salary
- Eyecare vouchers
- WeCare Employee Assistance Programme to support you and your family 24hrs, 7 days per week
- Company sick pay scheme
- Enhanced family friendly benefits
- Office fruit & snacks
- Team social events
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Be able to demonstrate your experience in managing large events
- Understanding of entertainment / stadia /arena security and crowd management
- A leader, who can influence and inspire others
- A brilliant people manager, putting people first and supporting others
- An infectious can-do approach to great health and safety management
- Results focused, driving exceptional results through your team and others
- Drive strong performance
- Positive relationship building with police and professional bodies
- Commercially astute with sound financial management skills
- Thrive when its buzzing and show resilience, taking control, making decisions, and leading from the front
- A team player who enjoys working in a high achieving environment
- Be creative and identify new ways of working
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of the Safety at Sports Grounds (Green Guide) Guidance
- Ideally hold H&S Qualification/s such as NEBOSH General Certificate, NVQ Level 5 Occupational H&S, NVQ L4 Spectator Safety
Our venue is for the fans, the artists, everyone! Attracting a diverse workforce which reflects our local community is what will make our venue the best music venue in the UK!
We understand that to continue positively disrupting the sports and live entertainment industry, we need a diverse team to help us do it. We also believe that inclusivity drives innovation, strengthens our people, improves our service, and raises our excellence.