We’re on a mission to create the best live music experience in the UK.
Co-op Live will offer a warm Manchester welcome to over 23,000 fans and amazing artists. With innovative smart ‘bowl’ design, cutting edge visual and acoustic technology, plus 32 amazing bars and restaurants and 12 premium lounges and clubs, we’re creating a unique space for the people of Manchester and beyond. World class, planet friendly and all in the heart of our local vibrant community.
As we gear up to opening our doors, we’re looking for a Head of IT. This is a truly exciting opportunity to build an outstanding team, develop new processes, policies and ways of working from scratch and drive forward incredible performance.
You will ensure regulatory compliance and industry requirements are met to create amazing shows. The role is a hands on position and you will have the opportunity to put your own stamp on the role and identify future development areas.
- Roll your sleeves up and be hands on in leading and managing the delivery of all IT workstreams across the venue including event and end user services
- Develop and implement an operational IT strategy which ensures the effective management of all system operations within the arena
- Create an IT security operating procedure which includes approach to cyber security
- Work closely with all our various venue teams to ensure we have IT systems in place which are innovative, provide great functionality and meet the operating teams objectives to create the best venue in the UK
- Lead on all service level agreements for suppliers and contractors ensuring we get great value for money but also a great service which supports our ambitions
- Lead on the relationship development and service quality with our key IT partners to ensure the service desk is delivering its requirements for our teams
- Work with the other operational team leads and the Operations Director to develop a critical incident response plan for all IT systems
- Inspire and mentor your team to ensure they feel valued, supported and operate to their full potential
- Work with the OVG Hospitality IT team to ensure there is seamless operating model for all equipment with the Arena
- Create an effective communication process which ensures key stakeholders are kept up to date and engaged in any system updates
What Co-op Live will give to you
Alongside the benefit of working with an awesome team of talented people, we want to help you get the best out of your work and have a work life balance.
- Provide you with development opportunities and regular one to ones
- Key objectives for you to succeed in your role
- Your general wellbeing is at the forefront of our minds, we understand the importance of balancing work and personal commitments
- This is an office base role, it’s really important we work together to mobilise the biggest music and live entertainment arena in the UK
Salary: £70,000 – £80,000 plus bonus
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Employer pension scheme
- Private Health Care scheme – Vitality
- Life Assurance 4 x basic salary
- Eyecare vouchers
- WeCare Employee Assistance Programme to support you and your family 24hrs, 7 days per week
- Company sick pay scheme
- Enhanced family friendly benefits
- Office fruit & snacks
- Team social events
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Degree or equivalent IT qualification
- Experience of overseeing large complex IT infrastructure
- A great leader, who can influence and inspire others
- Experience of creating IT operational frameworks
Network and firewall experience
- Experience of management Windows server environments
- Strong communication skills
- A brilliant people manager, putting people first and supporting others
- Positive relationship building with partners and professional bodies
- Commercially astute with sound financial management skills
- Results focused, driving exceptional results through your team and others
- Drives strong performance
- A team player who enjoys working in a high achieving environment
- Experience of managing an IT team in an arena environment
- Experience of managing multiple stakeholders who input into the IT management
- Experience of managing AV Technicians
Our venue is for the fans, the artists, everyone! Attracting a diverse workforce which reflects our local community is what will make our venue the best music venue in the UK!
We understand that to continue positively disrupting the sports and live entertainment industry, we need a diverse team to help us do it. We also believe that inclusivity drives innovation, strengthens our people, improves our service, and raises our excellence.