We’re on a mission to create the best live music experience in the UK.
Co-op Live will offer a food and beverage hospitality service that will put us head and shoulders above the crowd as we welcome over 23,500 fans and amazing artists to taste the delicious food and drinks unique to the space in Manchester.
With 32 amazing bars and restaurants and 12 premium lounges and clubs – we’re going to be delivering an exceptional hospitality service for the people of Manchester and beyond. On the menu will be great food seasoned with world class service and all with a planet friendly vibe in the heart of our vibrant community.
As we gear up to opening our doors in the next 12 months, we’re looking for a Head of HR to build the people plan for the Food & Beverage Hospitality team at Co-op Live.
You will lead on culture, values and operate strategically. You will be fully immersed in day-to-day HR activities, attracting the best talent, delivering best in class training, truly engaging, and inspiring everyone around you to be the best they can be to deliver the ultimate fan experience.
- Build a world class food & beverage team in partnership with the Hospitality Director
- Energise the team so they are fully engaged to bring the best service to our fans
- Be strategic and oversee the full spectrum of HR functions within the 32 food and beverage outlets on a day-to-day basis
- Create a robust people strategy that fosters a talent pipeline/succession planning and supports our exciting business growth plans
- Work in partnership with the wider Co-op Live HR team to drive consistency, utilise shared resources, systems and expertise
- Lead on people plans, retention, communication and activities that drives engagement
- Build & inspire a team of HR professionals who will recruit, train and retain the F&B team
- Plan and deliver volume recruitment of casual workers into Co-op Live in readiness for opening
- Develop and oversee the implementation of exceptional customer service training program for employees which will provide an awesome fan and food and beverage experience
- Working with the training manager oversee the management of our pool of casual workers to ensure they are fully trained in the standards of Co-op Live and ensure we have the right people in the right place at the right time
- Think outside the box, be a true business partner to the team, offering practical HR solutions by proactively anticipating and supporting business needs and cycles
- Be the employment law expert for all employee relations concerns that arise, providing support and practical advice to managers
- Continually build on our great rewards and benefits package to attract and retain the best talent
- Empower managers to drive optimal performance with their teams making Co-op Live a great place to work!
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Hold as a minimum CIPD Level 5 qualification
Experience in a large multi-concept venue – an arena, stadium or large hotel or equivalent
- A Strong employment law & ER experience
- Awesome knowledge of the latest people & industry trends
- An infectious can-do approach to HR
- HR business partnering experience with senior leaders
- Strong volume recruitment & training experience
- You love working with others and creating a great place to work
- A team player who enjoys working in a high achieving, fast paced environment
- Thrive when its buzzing and show resilience, taking control, making decisions, and leading from the front
- Results focused, driving exceptional results through your team and others
- Flexible approach, able to flex and adapt as and when needed
Our Inclusion Commitments
Our venue is for the fans, the artists, everyone! Attracting a diverse workforce which reflects our local community is what will make our venue the best music venue in the UK!
We understand that to continue positively disrupting the sports and live entertainment industry, we need a diverse team to help us do it.
We also believe that inclusivity drives innovation, strengthens our people, improves our service, and raises our excellence.