Reporting to: Board of Trustees
Responsible for: Organisational, commercial & artistic leadership, finance and resources, fundraising, business planning, Festival operations and catering operations
Working closely with the Trustees, Artistic Director and Finance Director, with responsibility for business planning and fundraising. The role will have oversight Operations, Technical, Administrative and Finance functions, and will engage actively with the Digital and Marketing Strategies of the Organisation.
- Commercial development: Identifying and acting on opportunities for commercial development and implementing strategies to drive revenue and business growth – with a focus on the monetisation of assets, maximising financial return from the brand
- Partnership development: Identifying and securing key commercial partnerships and sponsorship
- Strategy and planning: Overseeing the continued development and execution of business, organisational and operational plans for the Festival and digital marketing activities, working closely with the Executive Management team.
- Financial management: Overseeing compliant and sustainable financial management of the company, working closely with the Board, current Finance Director and Finance and Audit Committee.
- Leadership: Providing leadership at the Festival, and ensuring that full systems and staffing are in place for an extraordinary audience experience
- Operations and Support: Overseeing administrative planning and execution for the Festival, including office management, HR, legal, IT and systems.
- Governance and Fundraising: Working with the team and the Board to ensure effective management of governance matters and successful funding relationships with key supporters.
- Actively engaging with the organisations vision and policies regarding equal opportunities and diversity, artistic ambition, charitable aims, health and safety, evaluation and monitoring.
- Any other duties that are commensurate with the post.
The Festival is looking for an entrepreneurial Chief Executive Officer with an appetite for the innovative – an individual who has the vision to map out a new commercial landscape for the Festival, identifying market opportunities around brand, content and developing new national and local partnerships.
The successful candidate will be able to provide leadership to the organisation and will also bring an excellent understanding of and broad range of strategic, financial, revenue raising and operational skills.
- Demonstrable commercial vision, with strong entrepreneurial skills and a natural ability to spot new opportunities
- Strategic and innovative mindset with the ability to plan, develop and implement a commercial strategy that underpins and expands the creative vision
- Proven business planning experience at a senior level
- Proven fundraising track record and readiness to play a key part in fundraising
- Financial acumen to oversee and guide the finance and business planning functions of the organisation, ensuring long-term viability.
- The ability to work closely and collaboratively with the Artistic Director, delivering a balanced, attractive, and financially sustainable programme of work.
- Proven leadership and management skills, with the capacity to keep a team inspired even in difficult times.
- Passion for what can be achieved through the arts and music activity.
- Experience and proven ability working in a demanding and busy role, with the ability to manage and deal with a wide variety of complex issues at any one time
- Emotional intelligence and appreciation of how to work collaboratively in a creative environment
- Strong communication, negotiating and influencing skills
- A sense of fun
- An understanding of the Festivals landscape and the current challenges faced by the
Terms and Conditions
- Salary: This is a senior appointment and salary will be agreed with the preferred candidate
- Location: Henley-on-Thames
- Hours: This is a rewarding leadership role and the Board will explore sensible flexibility of hours and time with the right candidate
- Annual leave entitlement is 25 days a year, plus public holidays
- There is a three-month probationary period for this position, during which your notice period will be one week. The notice period will increase to six months once the probationary period is complete.
- Pension: Auto-enrolment beings three months after start date and the employer contribution is 10%