Sign up for IQ Index
The latest industry news to your inbox.
We are looking for an Entertainments Product Manager Big Weekenders to join our Entertainments team here at Butlin’s.
Want to work somewhere where entertainment is at the heart of what we do?
Butlins operate over 70 live events per annum, attracting over 350,000 customers. The range of events being extensive from Arena shows to multi-stage/ venue experiences – PDC Darts to Ministry of Sound along with Big Weekenders for Ibiza, Soul, Rock, Decades, Oktoberfest, and our new in 2022, Replay Weekenders.
Purpose of the role:
– Develop and operationalise the experience and commercial productivity within the Butlins Live Music Weekends. The development will be aligned to the business strategy, guest needs, commercial targets, infrastructure and team capability.
– Work proactively and collaboratively on how the guest can best plan their time whilst on a Butlins holiday.
You will be responsible for improving the guest experience:
– With the Entertainment Director, develop an event programme that features memorable high points and differentiates Butlin’s from its competitors but is first and foremost safe, secure and protects the reputation of the Butlins brand.
– Work collaboratively with the Marketing Manager to ensure the programme is aligned to guest needs. Operationalise a live music experience that is aligned to guest needs, adds value to the overall guest experience whilst supporting the growth of retail spends.
– Alongside the Family product, Entertainment Manager, develop a communication plan that allows guest to best plan their holiday with focus on activities and retail leisure operating hours Create a robust feedback and review process to allow better planning for subsequent breaks. Identify projects that will provide the required return on investment that will improve sales and guest experience. You will be responsible for supporting and improving the team experience on resorts.
– Support the annual budgeting process to ensure the budget is realistic, challenging and achievable.
– Use targeted reward and recognition to support our efforts to improve performance.
– Champion labour models within the planning to develop higher levels of productivity through smart scheduling and improved focus on labour management.
– Develop an activity operating manual for each Live Music Weekend break type, identifying key moments to audit and measure performance and delivery against. Following on from the reviews of the guest experience feedback develop action plans with the teams on resort to enable continuous improvement. Support the further development of our teams on resort with the relevant jobs skills to ensure we can consistently improve performance and deliver operational excellence across the required skills and disciplines.
We are looking for:
– Previous experience in creating and operating medium to large events. Previous experience may have come from festivals, theatre tours, arena-based events or large-scale corporate events.
– Ideally educated to degree level but we will also be interested in candidates who have extensive experience in the live music and events sector.
– A good candidate will possess a good contact list for relevant industry professionals, ability to programme and work across multi genre events along with experience in creating operating procedures for medium to large events
We’re introducing the UK to the new attitude and mindset of what Butlin’s is and always has been about – having as much fun as possible. Whether you’re a child or an adult, it’s a place where you go all in, give everything, try everything, and have tons of fun doing it. For over 85 years we’ve delighted millions of guests by giving them a great time with memories that last a lifetime, and our much-loved resorts are places full of excitement, fun, variety and opportunity. We’re not just here to do a job – we’re passionate about Butlin’s Our founder Billy Butlin said: “You’ll never get more out of life than doing a job that you enjoy.” If you love people, join our great team who love to delight our guests. And you’ll enjoy the opportunity of a lifetime. www.butlinscareers.co.uk
What do we offer:
– Discounted Haven, Butlin’s and Warner Leisure Hotels holidays for you, your family and friends- Reward and recognition schemes
– Externally recognised qualifications to give you the opportunity to develop and progress
– Lifestyle and shopping discounts and benefits The safety of our team has always been our number one priority and now more than ever, we will raise our standards and expectations even higher. We have been working tirelessly since the start of the Coronavirus pandemic to find ways of being able to re-open our business by adapting how we operate, ensuring we continue to give our guests a great time with memories that last a lifetime
Why not follow us on facebook @Butlins Careers and LinkedIn @Butlins #jobs #butlins #careers #livemusic #productmanager #bigweekenders