Sign up for IQ Index
The latest industry news to your inbox.
Our vibrant music company is looking for a talented, music/venue booker to join the small-team, must have at least 3 years experience in a similar role. This will involve booking gigs, managing the promotion for each event and securing new business for the venues.
The right candidate must be highly experienced in booking music venues and feel confident with negotiating terms/fees and filling the calendar with a range of profiled, ticketed gigs. A wealth of contacts within the music industry is imperative. This will include: national and regional promoters, music management companies and live booking agencies.
We are looking for someone who is driven, organised, reliable and has a can-do attitude. A passion for music is a must and the person in question should have the knowledge and flexibility to work with a range of genres including: indie, country, funk, jazz, world, folk, soul, roots, rhythm & blues.
• Sourcing/securing music acts
• Negotiating terms/fees
• Proofreading contracts
• Handling tech specs and catering riders
• Booking staff/crew
• Diary management
• Social media – updating platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and websites
• Promotion/PR/Marketing – flyering, constructing press releases, creating promotional/marketing strategies, contacting press/radio/media companies
• Admin duties – answering telephone, printing, posting, invoicing,
• Researching artists/bands – gathering data including contact info, ticket sales, tour dates, venue capacities
To apply, please email an updated CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org