Sign up for IQ Index
The latest industry news to your inbox.
To secure and maximise bookings for ASM Global’s portfolio of arena venues in the UK as part of the Programming team
– To build, develop and maintain successful relationships with promoters, agents and event producers.
– Maximise event bookings through efficient diary management, maintaining accurate, up-to-date records for prospective and confirmed events.
– Secure the maximum number of events per tour for ASM Global’s venues.
– Identify and target artists and events suitable for future arena shows.
– Deliver maximum revenues through the effective application of new and established sales techniques and negotiating on both a case-by-case basis and on long term contracts in line with agreed targets.
– Generate additional income through protecting revenue streams and up-selling the facilities, maintaining and where possible increasing the overall profitability of the specific event types.
– Provide regular, accurate updates to venue General Managers, the Senior Leadership Team and other stakeholders as required.
– Record and maintain accurate, up-to-date records for all events, from initial enquiry stage, to negotiation, confirmation, and maturation.
– Be aware of market trends and competitive elements within the industry, including other venues and potential clients and to utilise this knowledge to develop the appropriate sales strategy proactively securing future business.
– Work with all venue departments such as the General Manager, Box Office, Marketing, Events and Finance to ensure an efficient communication system is in place and maintained.
– Build and maintain relationships with other ASM and ASM-affilated venues worldwide, to share and gather business intelligence and develop best practices.
Skills and Competencies Required:
– Previous experience within an entertainment sales environment which can be demonstrated by a track record of securing quality content.
– Experience of routing tours across the UK.
– Experience of costing and budgeting new events.
– Strong influencing and negotiating skills
– High standards of professionalism and integrity
– Team player who enjoys working in a high achieving environment
– High attention to detail
– Ability to multitask
– Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
– High resilience in dealing with promoters, agents and managers ensuring the right result for the business whilst maintaining a positive relationship with the client
– High degree of familiarity with computer and report systems
– Informed interest in the music and entertainment industry
– Excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Office and Diary Management systems
The requirements of the business are such that a degree of flexibility is necessary and some evening and weekend work will be required.
There may be a requirement to travel to other ASM Global Venues from to time, as well as representing ASM Global at industry events.