Sign up for IQ Index
The latest industry news to your inbox.
LIVE (Live music Industry Venues & Entertainment) is the voice of the UK’s live music and entertainment business. LIVE members are a federation of 13 live music industry associations representing 3,150 businesses, over 4,000 artists and 2,000 backstage workers.
LIVE works to ensure that the interests of live music in the UK are understood and communicated to Government, policymakers, regulators, the public and the wider music and entertainment industries. Through collective representation, LIVE promotes the interests of artists, venues, festivals, promoters, booking agents, crew and production suppliers.
LIVE was initially formed in response to the unprecedented pressure and devastation faced by the industry due to COVID-19 and is structured around four pillars: lobbying, economic analysis, messaging, and skills & diversity. Its work is driven by a series of sub committees on topics including festivals & outdoor events, venues, touring, and sustainability.
For more information on LIVE and our membership visit www.livemusic.biz
About the Role
We are looking for an Administrative Assistant to assist the CEO of LIVE with the day-to-day administration of the organisation.
This is primarily an administrative role and tasks will include:
– Providing overall administrative and secretarial support to LIVE, organising and scheduling online meetings, preparing agendas and taking minutes for the main LIVE meetings, as well as the various LIVE sub-committee group meetings.
– Collating data from members, and undertaking research.
– Assisting the CEO with correspondence, preparing reports and responding to enquiries from LIVE members.
– Preparing the fortnightly LIVE newsletters
– Updating content on the LIVE website (wordpress), and posting content to social media channels.
– Any other duties that may be requested from the CEO from time to time.
Please note that although this role will start at two days a week pro rata (16 hours) there is likely to be scope for the role to evolve over time, with increased hours and operational responsibilities. We will be flexible in approach and do not envisage that the 16 hours a week will necessarily be fixed to particular days or times. LIVE is based in London, but we are taking a flexible approach and will consider candidates in other locations for this position. The position will be remote / home working based.
You will be a quick learner with solid all-round administrative and organisational skills. Some administrative experience is key to this role, though this doesn’t need to specifically be in the live music industry sector. However, an active interest in, or knowledge of, the live music industry is desirable. You will be IT literate and a confident communicator, capable of delivering as part of a small team. You will have excellent time management skills, with a proven ability to work to deadline.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate seeking to advance their administrative career and work closely within the live music industry.
LIVE is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community – a place where we can all achieve success on merit. We are keen to support and employ staff from a range of different backgrounds.
1. Some experience in an administrative role and in maintaining and improving administrative systems.
2. Specific administrative skills – minute taking, diary management and coordination of meetings.
3. Excellent IT literacy: A good understanding of Microsoft Office, Mailchimp, WordPress and Adobe Acrobat. A basic understanding of HTML and some experience of maintaining social media channels.
4. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
1. Basic design skills, i.e. the ability to use design software to produce basic promotional materials, newsletters and website content in-house.
2. Some previous experience working within a membership organisation, trade association or at a Small to Medium Enterprise (SME).
3. Prior experience working in the live music industry sector..
Please email your CV and a brief covering letter in the first instance below, or directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by the application deadline of 16 Sept.