Sign up for IQ Index
The latest industry news to your inbox.
Website Manchester International Festival
MIF invites great artists from across the globe to create extraordinary new work for the Festival, which is staged every two years at venues and found spaces across Manchester. Our future home is The Factory, a world-class cultural space being built in the heart of the city, where we’ll present a year-round programme and artists will be able to develop work of huge ambition and scale that they might not be able to anywhere else.
The Head of Digital Content will establish, direct and manage the strategic and long-term goals for our digital content – managing the website and social channels for MIF/The Factory; develop policies, procedures and platform strategies for the content curation for the web, social and other digital products; develop and direct consistent methodologies to analyse data and content consumption and define content needs from across the organisation.
– To develop and lead MIF/The Factory digital content strategy
– To create and implement a narrative vision and storytelling strategy across all our channels, digital and otherwise, helping us to tell powerful and engaging stories about MIF/The Factory and our individual shows to existing and potential future audiences
– Oversee an integrated content strategy that ensures audiences are at the forefront of all digital content communications, in line with MIF/The Factory wider audience development strategy
– Build key industry partnerships to support content distribution and increase reach
– Oversee the management of the website, keeping abreast of new trends in design and interaction
– Manage the team with a comprehensive production schedule, KPI management and structure to ensure audience and growth objectives are met
– Develop and manage the production plan/schedule and resource allocation to ensure deadlines are met for both live and online events
– Help to shape our digital tone of voice and ensure we’re always on brand
Essential requirements include
– Experience of working in an online editorial environment
– Strong management experience, alongside a hand’s on attitude to the workload
– Knowledge of content and influencer marketing strategies
– Effective planning and organising skills. Ability to manage several areas of work at one time, prioritising, delivering consistently to deadlines and reacting positively to changes and conflicting priorities
– Sound editorial judgement and an ability to decide when to seek guidance and escalate issues where appropriate
– Ability to work collaboratively with a range of different teams
– Commitment to championing representation and inclusion at every level of the organisation with a proven ability to work with people from a wide range of backgrounds