Sign up for IQ Index
The latest industry news to your inbox.
Website ASM Global
Purpose of the Role Within the Organisation:
ASM Global is the world’s largest and most trusted venue management and services company operating the most prestigious entertainment, sports, and exhibition venues spanning five continents, with a portfolio of more than 300 stadiums, arenas, convention centres, entertainment districts, theatres, amphitheatres, and equestrian and recreational centres. From Aberdeen to Anchorage, and Sydney to Stockholm, our venues connect people through the power of live experiences.
This post is responsible for marketing and communications of all aspects of the brand and it’s portfolio at UK ASM Global corporate level, working closely with ASM global corporate UK team while aligning with marketing colleagues across the UK, Europe and the US.
This role will work alongside the UK corporate team based in Manchester; responsible for introducing and establishing the ASM Global brand across all relevant industry market sectors, as well as increasing brand awareness and engagement. Ensure all marketing collateral, social platforms and website are kept up to date, current and on brand. Managing the successful delivery of a strategic marketing and communications plan within an agreed budget and measure performance. Seasoned to manage people and projects, working independently and communicating frequently with the marketers in the field and the corporate office in Manchester and in the US.
· Managing relationships with industry media and publications – identifying comms opportunities and creating effective campaigns to maximise brand awareness, news releases and business wins
· Composing of press releases, copy writing, communicating announcements and distributing to stakeholders and industry
· Manage, update and develop the ASM Global (UK) website in line with all sectors of the business
· Ownership of all marketing responsibilities related to brand management and communications
· Plan, schedule and analyse social media content and campaigns
· Monitor, measure and report performance of social activity, digital campaigns and website traffic/engagement
· Composing of sector specific e-newsletter/blogs for distribution on a regular basis
· Managing media enquiries and corporate PR; reactive and proactive monitoring and creation of news worthy content, preparing press releases, media alerts and interfacing with external agencies, planning content and publicity to increase positive coverage
· Managing and reacting appropriately to inbound press queries and requests for comment, relevant to ASM Global news, events and activities.
· Produce branded templates, bid documents, presentations and sales collateral for use at corporate level and managing multiple deadlines
· Manage agency led design/collateral projects to ensure brand consistency and output
· Manage and collate all industry research and insight projects, statistics and data generation – understand our place in the market and contribute to planning, promotion and thought leadership content pieces
· Produce case studies relevant to events and venues for use within key presentations, bids and industry pieces
· Plan and manage effective pre and post event marketing campaigns around industry specific and internal events e.g. ILMC, Confex, ASM management AGMs
· Managing a calendar of hospitality activities, utilising our existing assets including the coordination of invites and proactive planning of hospitality to engage clients, partners and prospects
· Work alongside and act as conduit for brand collateral, messaging and communications with UK venue in-house marketing and PR teams
· Support HR with projects such as advertising, internal comms and employee branding activities in general
Knowledge & Qualifications:
· A University degree or college diploma in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Advertising or a related field is required
· Knowledge of the live entertainment/event industry
· Excellent knowledge of Microsoft packages, website management, data base/CRM systems and all social media platforms
· Great communication and strategic planning skills
· Great organisation skills – task prioritisation and time management
· Strong network connections in media and industry publications
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Experience in using design software such as Illustrator, InDesign, Adobe Creative and/or Publisher