Sign up for IQ Index
The latest industry news to your inbox.
Website Manchester International Festival
MIF invites great artists from across the globe to create extraordinary new work for the Festival, which is staged every two years at venues and found spaces across Manchester. Our future home is The Factory, a world-class cultural space being built in the heart of the city, where we’ll present a year-round programme and artists will be able to develop work of huge ambition and scale that they might not be able to anywhere else.
As Producer (Fixed Term), your role will be to support the development and delivery of a series of ambitious events designed by the people of Greater Manchester. The events will be part of the opening programme of The Factory (The Welcome) and will be created with a focus on sharing agency with those who don’t typically participate in arts and culture. Responsible to the Executive Producer, the Producer will plan and develop the Programme, working closely with the Creative Engagement team. In addition, the Producer will line produce some of the projects in the Programme.
Responsibilities will include:
– Working with the Executive Producer, Creative Engagement, the Curatorial Group and departments across the organisation to develop the Programme
– Timeline the development and delivery of the overall Programme, communicating plans across the organisation to feed into wider organisational scheduling and resource planning
– Line producing projects as required and/or ensuring smooth hand over of projects to line producers at development stage, ensuring clear information is shared across all teams
– Working closely with the Executive Producer and the International team to manage Co- commission and Co-Production relationships, providing touring information, feeding into the contractual process and hosting partners as required
– Work with Creative Engagement and Producing to embed learning around publicly curated practice into the organisation
The essential requirements for this role include:
– Enthusiasm for working with the public to facilitate the creation of exciting projects
– Experience of delivering projects across a variety of scales
– Good financial skills including managing budgets of varying scales
– Positive and enthusiastic attitude and a flexible approach to developing and delivering work
– Commitment to championing representation and inclusion at every level of the organisation with a proven ability to work with people from a wide range of backgrounds