Sign up for IQ Index
The latest industry news to your inbox.
Website Manchester International Festival
MIF invites great artists from across the globe to create extraordinary new work for the Festival, which is staged every two years at venues and found spaces across Manchester. Our future home is The Factory, a world-class cultural space being built in the heart of the city, where we’ll present a year-round programme and artists will be able to develop work of huge ambition and scale that they might not be able to anywhere else.
We want to bring together a talented team of people, reaching out into every corner of Manchester and harnessing the talent and energy that is found across the city and beyond.
MIF are recruiting for two Project Officer roles:
– The Factory Transition Project (MIF’s transition from a biennial festival into the operator of a new year-round venue – The Factory)
– Technology & Insights Portfolio
The Project Officer will be supporting project work with a range of Project Office responsibilities.
Responsibilities will include:
– Supporting the Project Manager and Project Team to update and maintain the Project Plan (using Microsoft Project)
– Monitoring and reporting overall project status, and task statuses, with a pro-active approach
– Supporting the Project Manager to maintain the RAID (Risks, Assumptions, Issues and Decisions) log and escalate key items
– Meeting administration including diary scheduling, agendas and minutes
– Proactively following up agreed actions and querying progress with Project Team members
– Creating presentations and reports for various stakeholders
– Attending regular meetings and being a point of contact for the Project Team and other colleagues
– Supporting various workstreams with research, information gathering and reporting as required
– Liaising with internal and external stakeholders on behalf of the project
– Maintaining a flexible and proactive attitude, providing support to wider Project Team where needed
The essential requirements for this role include:
– Excellent administration and organisational skills with strong attention to detail
– A confident and effective communicator, able to work across a variety of stakeholders
– Previous experience of working in a project office, or project management experience
– Able to work under pressure accurately and efficiently
– Positive and enthusiastic attitude
– Willingness to support MIF’s commitment sustainability
– Commitment to championing representation and inclusion at every level of the organisation with a proven ability to work with people from a wide range of backgrounds