Sign up for IQ Index
The latest industry news to your inbox.
Website Event Lab
Event Lab is a UAE-based event staffing & recruitment agency founded in 2013. We specialise in finding international talent for reputable organisations across the Middle East.
Our client is looking for an Event Manager, who will be responsible for managing, supporting and executing various events for the authority. The ability to maintain relationships with key clients and other stakeholders while providing excellent customer service during the event period is crucial for this role.
Role: Senior Event Manager
– Reporting to Event Producer
– Responsible for leading and/or supporting the planning and execution of multiple key hospitality-driven events
– Manage, prioritize and oversee events that are consistent with the client’s values from creative concept and development through initial briefing to reconciliation
– Responsibilities associated with a project may include but may not be limited to: budget management, site sourcing and selection, act as liaison for client with venues/hotels, food & beverage management, transportation coordination and management, presentation development, video design & development, branding and graphic design, interactive/experiential technology, scenic/set design, décor design, staffing, attendee gifts/give-aways.Maintain client liaison with the department and stakeholders and ensure SLA’s (Service Level Agreements) are monitored and achieved throughout the event planning process
– Assist client with all elements of internal meetings, employee events, trainings, activations and other programs as needed
– Work on site to assist with attendee management, registration, client branding and promotion
– Conduct onsite inspections and submit requests and content to site pre-event
– Work with the team to ensure adherence to client standards of operations
– Be responsible for accurate and timely budgeting and reconciliation of events
– Create and closely monitor value-adds at every opportunity
– Be knowledgeable of best practices and new suppliers, services, trends, and venues
– Establish and maintain event budgets for each assigned program
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
– 5 – 7+ years’ experience in event management, preferably in an agency environment
– Bachelor’s Degree required
– Advanced account management skills including budget creation, management and reconciliation
– Extensive knowledge of MS Office, MS Project or Smartsheet
– Advanced experience with group travel coordination and management
– Experience with conference, meeting and production management; gala and award show experience is preferable
– Excellent supplier knowledge and contract negotiating skills
– Creative problem solver, resourceful, team player
– Adaptability to situations and ever-changing demands
– Highly organized with the ability to handle multiple tasks to meet strict deadlines
– Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills
– Ambitious and proactive
– A calm and flexible approach to handling pressure and stress
– Flexible and willing to work outside normal business hours (evenings, weekends) and travel when required
– Competitive Salary, Tax Free & Incredible Benefits
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Include Event Manager in the subject.